With freeze season here it’s important to know how to protect your liquid products. This winter please be sure your receiving department knows to do the following before signing the carrier’s delivery receipt.
When a liquid adhesive arrives, open the container and examine the contents for the following conditions:
- Check to see if the adhesive temperature has gone below 32°F or 0°C
- Does the product look coagulated resembling cottage cheese
- Is there water separation in the product
- Is the product hard and frozen
*If freeze indicator was used you must still check the product as mentioned above.
If you discover any of these conditions and the Bill Of Lading is marked “Protect From Freezing” reject the shipment and state your exception in writing on the delivery receipt. If you choose to receive the shipment, you assume responsibility for the condition of the freight received. If you discover a problem after the carrier has left, call the carrier and request an immediate inspection. For other questions, call your AJ Adhesives Customer Service Representative at 314.652.4583.
Keep In Mind:
- Place purchase orders early in the week so the product is not in transit over the weekend
- Be sure to always keep liquid adhesives in storage areas at or above 55°F and away from open doors, cold areas, or any areas exposed to cold conditions
- Please be sure to inspect all liquid adhesive products upon delivery in the presence of the carrier’s driver to ensure there is no evidence of frozen product. If this is not done, and the receiver accepts the goods, it is assumed the goods are not frozen at the time of delivery and it becomes the responsibility of the consignee
- Order truckload quantities when possible to receive additional heat protection
- Transit times may vary due to unpredictable weather/road conditions; encourage customers to buffer transit to ensure timely delivery
For more tips LIKE our AJ Facebook page!
AJ Adhesives • Mid America Packaging
We LOVE to ship everything the same day it is ordered. One of our IHC™ philosophies is, Order Today / Ship Today! When we get an order and see that we have the product stocked, we ship it the same day to deliver to you as quickly as possible! No matter how big or small the order is we make sure it gets out! Need totes or skids of product to ship same day? No problem! Get us your order and we always do our best to ship it the same day.
We also honor requested delivery dates. If you request to have your product by a specific day and no sooner, we honor that delivery date. We understand you have specific needs and we are more than happy to accommodate.
ORDERING TIP!: Do you notice that your adhesive orders need to be back ordered in each time you place your order? Talk to your sales rep about getting your product stocked for regular scheduled ordering or to try a new product that we always have available.
For more ordering tips and information check out more of our IHC™ blog posts
and please LIKE our Facebook page!
Do you like to KNOW when your order is coming in? We understand and we can help you with that.
Whether you just like to know your product will arrive the day you need it, or if you know your product can take some time to come in, we always suggest you keep at least two orders on file with your AJ CSR for future dates, at least 7-10 days out. This rotating order calendar helps to ensure you get your product the day you need it and you always know when your next order is coming in!
So how do you do that? Well, you can follow the example below to receive your glue on your requested date and ensure your next order is ready to go and will deliver by the day you need it. All you need to do is place your order with your favorite AJ CSR, then as you receive that order, place your next future order. This schedule makes it easy to stay ahead of the game.
This process helps you to avoid delayed leads times, transit issues and keep your inventory stocked as needed.
For more ordering tips LIKE our Facebook page!
Looking to save money with your next order? No problem! We can help you with that! Check out a few ways we can help save you money on your next order!
Will Call your orders. Will Calling is the best way to save you those shipping fees. If you’re close to the warehouse why not pick it up to save some money?
Can’t Will Call your order? No problem. Just tell your Customer Account Manger to ship your order “Best Way”. This tells us you want to ship your order the fastest and cheapest way.
Plan your order ahead of time! Sending us your order with 5-7 days lead time will almost always give us enough time to get your order in to ship in full so we don’t have to send partial shipments. Not sure how to plan ahead? Check out our previous blog for Fail Safe Ways to Always Know When to Order!
Watch out for AJ promotions! At AJ we’re always looking to show our customers how we care and have started some money saving promotions! So keep an eye out on our AJ Facebook page and here on our blog!
Another great way to save is to talk with your local FedEx or UPS carriers to work out a Collect account that may offer you better pricing.
Check back with us for more helpful tips and trick for ordering! Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next order!
Does this sound familiar? You’re going through your line, making sure everything is running smoothly. You’re checking in with your team to make sure you’re going to meet the deadline, making sure that you have enough materials and time is carving out just right and then – OOPS – you realize you’re on your last bit of glue to finish the job! So then you’re faced with a dilemma. You call up your internal AJ Account Manager and hope against hope it’s not too late to get more glue out today since you know we’ve gotten you out of that pickle before.
We know the drill. We understand it’s always stressful when you get yourself into that predicament and AJ is always here to help you as best we can to make sure your line never goes down. But how can you have your internal team help you to make sure you’re not in that situation? We’re here to help you with that too!
Check out these fail safe ways to make sure you order on time and avoid those rush charges.
- Order multiple drums of glue at a time? On the last drum (or second to last, depending how fast you’re going through it) put a big colorful sign on the drum triggering you, or your staff, to order more glue! This way the new order will arrive to you before you run out.
- Buy a pallet of hot-melt at a time? When you get to the bottom row of boxes use that as your trigger to place another order. It may seem like you still have a lot of glue, but ordering with extra stock on-hand will help you to avoid any rush charges, work around any shipping issues with inclement weather and will ensure you don’t run out before your next order arrives.
- Order by the case? If you order multiple cases, or just order a case at at time, the best way to make sure you don’t run out is to keep a schedule of when is best for you to order. Maybe at the beginning of every month is the best time for you to order. Need more glue than that? Maybe the 1st and the 15th would be best. Find what works best for your company’s production flow and adjust accordingly.
Hopefully these helpful tips and tricks will help you to keep your production flow seamless.
Ready to order? Contact us today! 314.652.4583